The 5 Family Business Situations that Can Benefit from Coaching
I’m often asked what coaching is and how it can help. Here are the top 5 situations that can benefit from coaching. I see people every week who get great insights and ideas for action out of even one coaching session.
How to Get Started in Succession
Many times a family leader isn’t quite sure where to get started. They are nervous about opening “Pandora’s box” and having to deal with the potential conflict and disappointment that can come with the succession conversation.
In one coaching session you’ll get:
- Proven tips on how to start the process
- An objective sounding board for your situation
- Confidence in knowing how to frame up the process
- Access to proven tools to help you in the process
Getting Founder to Start to Let Go
Nothing can be more frustrating than to hear the founder say, “Some day this will be yours,” yet there is no sign of that ever happening!
I’ve worked with lots of stubborn or reluctant founders. I’ll give you some insights into what I’ve seen work with others in your situation.
In this coaching session you’ll walk away with:
- A plan for bringing up the subject that won’t make the situation worse
- 5 questions you can ask the founder that will help ease you all into the right dialogue
- A road map for how to keep the conversation going that can lead to a feeling of progress
- A chance to explore founder’s common obstacles to moving forward
- A look at your own behaviors and mindsets that could be getting in the way of your progress
Coping with the “Impossible Situation”
You think your situation is unworkable? I’ve seen it all! If you think you are in an impossible situation, let’s at least give you some coping skills to explore. You’ll also learn how to develop your best mindset to deal with the issues.
In this coaching session you will get:
- A reality check on just how bad your situation is and how you might deal with it
- A few new practices to help you deal with your situation and find some peace or acceptance
- A sense of relief developing proven strategies to work within the situation
Dealing with Conflict & Personality Differences
Conflict and personality differences are normal in family business. The problem is that you are too close to the situation and don’t have the tools to work through the issues.
In this coaching session you will learn:
- The difference between healthy and unhealthy conflict
- How to identify and work with the different personality types
- To identify your own “triggers” and how to minimize them
- How to get the conversation started in a way that doesn’t make the situation worse
How to Get Other Family Members on Board with New Ideas
I can’t tell you how many times I meet people who want to get some new ideas going in the family business but hit a wall of resistance from other family members! They feel stuck and don’t know how to get the family moving forward.
In this session we will explore:
- What’s worked or not worked with other families
- What you need to say and HOW you need to say it in a way that moves your family forward
- Your own behaviors and mindsets that are getting in the way of you leading your family forward
What do you have to lose? Let me help you move forward today!
Nothing is more frustrating and energy draining than feeling stuck. I promise you that you can do more with a little bit of outside guidance and support. I am helping families worldwide get unstuck. If you don’t get value out of the coaching session I’ll give you your money back!